Our client is looking for an innovative, forward thinking, and results driven leader to join Personal Insurance. This is an opportunity to join the Personal Insurance Business Technology - Business Intelligence & Analytics Team (PIBT BI&A). The person hired will be a lead developer within our Emerging Technology stack (Big Data, Cloud, and Model Deployment). Individual will need to participate in project planning and initiation, architectural decisions, technical design, Development, and implementation of Business Intelligence and Advance Analytical systems. Under limited supervision, performs expert programing, configuring, and/or analysis for impactful and visible projects. Acts as subject matter expert and technical expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies. Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems and incidents.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the strategic plans and tactical activities for assigned information systems and business unit systems projects.
- Acts as subject matter expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies leveraging technical and business knowledge to drive the planning and execution of complex initiatives.
- Responsibilities include performing complex analysis, expert level design, configuration and programming functions for impactful and visible projects.
- Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents.
- Contributes to staffing and project plan estimations in collaboration with the project manager and other key stakeholders.
- Assesses the technical viability of projects and objectives.
- Acts as a technology advocate and independently seeks opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business.
- Builds, maintains, and utilizes partnerships across the enterprise ensuring the best use of resources.
- Provides technical leadership, fosters a team environment, and provides mentorship and feedback to technical resources.
- Manages the effective use of line of business resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives, and/or problem resolution.
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects.
- Ensures project team's work complies with the client's standards, processes, and protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Incumbents in this position perform expert level programming, configuration and analysis for impactful and visible projects.
- Is a subject matter expert for multiple applications, systems and technologies and drives planning and execution of complex initiatives.
- This job is a technical lead and provides technical leadership. Interacts with diverse, sometimes large stakeholder groups.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Experience as a technical lead preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Minimum 7 years of hands on software development experience with extensive background and concentration in:
- JAVA/J2EE, Spring Framework
- XML, Json, Node.js, Python, MongoDB
- Cloud Foundry development
- WebServices development ( SOAP, Rest)
- MQ ( Websphere), RabbitMQ
- Hadoop knowledge and its ecosystem ( M/R, Spark, HIVE,PIG, HBASE, NIFI)
- Hands on experience in one or more Database platforms (Teradata experience a plus)
- Hands on experience and proficiency with Unix/Linux and Korn shell scripting
- Hands on experience with automated testing and deployment tools such as JUnit, GitHub, and CloudFoundry
- Working knowledge of Microservice-Based Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Good knowledge on Agile Methodology and the Scrum process.
- Promote the development and quick deployment of Minimal Viable Product (MVP) applications to have real and timely impact to business units—must be comfortable pivoting mid-course to address new information and adapt to the changing realities of a dynamic environment
- Able to expertly assess, design, develop, and support applications, systems solutions, and interfaces for multiple systems to achieve business and/ or technical requirements.
- Demonstrates technical mastery for technologies, applications, systems, frameworks, and/or languages and has the ability to influence and/or set technical direction or defect resolution.
- Fully understands business applications and/or technical system environments in which the system operates.
- Demonstrates proficiency in business concepts.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of applications/systems and concepts.
- Able to evaluate and leverage pre-existing services and frameworks.
- Leverages enterprise and industry best practices and standards.
- Works to ensure component interactions follow and promote design best practices.
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Able to present complex technical concepts to audiences of varying size and level.
Business Knowledge & Partnership
- Able to develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships, consult on business priorities, and optimize value through solution identification aligned with business objectives, goals, and future technology direction.
- Able to easily communicate in business terms and describe IT capabilities/concepts in ways that the business can understand.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Able to expertly diagnose root causes, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively with business and technical teams.
- Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action including escalating situations as appropriate.
- Demonstrates sound decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Often consulted by team members for problem resolution and guidance.
- Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
- Knows where to obtain information needed to make the appropriate decisions.
- Optimizes the use of all available resources.
- Trusted technical advisor.
- Able to promote, maintain, and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives and engage stakeholders.
- Able to influence project stakeholders and team members.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Able to set and assign technical goals and priorities for self and team members.
- Able to set team's technical direction.
- Able to provide feedback and/or coaching regarding technical resources.
Planning and Project Management
- Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the overall strategy in mind.
- Able to manage time and competing priorities.
- Able to accurately estimate the tasks and resources needed to complete assigned project work.
- Financial Awareness: Able to accurately assess the financial impact of recommended designs/solutions.
For more information please contact Janet Kuczynski at 860-261-2616.
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.