|Architect with C#.Net
The agency needs the service of a System Architect. The candidate will serve in the capacity of a System Architect will communicate a well-defined vision of how IT and the business will align and make sure that everyone if following the same principles, methodologies, and support activities per the direction of agency management. The specific focus of this candidate will be to ensure that new systems are built in a way that best ensures that functional requirements are met whilst also ensuring that service qualities (Performance, scalability, extensibility, maintainability, security, interoperability) for now and for the future are achievable. In addition this role is responsible for reviewing and improving on existing systems, making use of new technologies and methodologies to seek continual improvement for existing systems. The candidate will work to create a breakdown of the system into components, the component interactions and interfaces (including with the environment, especially the user), and the technologies and resources to be used in the design.
Specific Services Required:
In the role of the System Architect, the following services are required:
- Design and development of the core technology and architecture of large scale distributed systems, midrange to client server and n tier e commerce applications and solutions.
- Provide analysis/requirements to integrate applications.
- Work on all phases of SDLC and create/maintain required technical documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of Quality Assurance planning related to BizTalk processes.
- Assist to develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, integration and implementation enterprise services.
- Assist in migration and integration of data and processes from legacy systems to new applications and new technologies.
- Assists in the development of information systems blueprints, design patterns, templates for best in class software development and to ensure high levels of software re use and the migration towards service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
- Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed. Must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with the Application Development Manager to establish goals and code reviews while meeting requirements of projects.
- Work with management to supply input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning.
- Provide guidance and training to team members.
- Assures the complementary synthesis of all standards, models, designs and methodologies recommended by the Enterprise Architects.
- Defines roles & responsibilities and creates a template Project Plan for modification by Project Managers.
- Takes proactive escalation of probable system problems or design flaws to upper management before serious impact on ROI.
- Acts as evangelist / emissary of the architecture work and recommendations of the architecture team.
- Coordinates with the other architects on issues dealing with the quality flaws of the existing standards, especially security and performance issues.
- Ensures that the Technology Partners and development teams adhere to the principles established by the Enterprise Architects.
- Hosts and Coordinates strategy sessions for the Architecture team.
- Works with the Business Analysis and Management and Customers to make sure IT and Business are aligned.
- Defines, Documents and communicates the strategy will entire team.
- Makes sure everyone is following the enterprise standards and strategies and using them correctly.
- Makes sure the software and system architectures are in synchronization.
- Responsible for communicating vision, strategy, and methodology to management.
- Makes sure the right modeling, design, implementation is being done, to know that qualities like performance are going to be met.
- Provide input as needed to issues like tool and environment selection.
- Interface with the user(s) and sponsor(s) and all other stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) needs.
- Make sure that the architecture is not only the right one for operations, but also for deployment and sustainment.
- Understands and plan for evolutionary paths
- Plans for new technology insertion.
- Manages risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Sets the standards for the software development lifecycle, policies and coding standards.
- Reviews and assists in defining the Software Development Environments Configuration
- Reviews and assists in defining the DevOps / Continuous Integration Environments Configuration.
- Reviews and assists in defining the QA and UAT Testing Environments Configuration.
- Generates the highest level of system requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints.
- Ensures that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
- Performs analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions.
- Develops algorithms (and other processes) to allocate all present and foreseeable requirements into discrete partitions such that a minimum of communications is needed among partitions, and between the user and the system.
- Partitions large systems into (successive layers of) subsystems and components each of which can be handled by project teams.
- Interfaces with the design and implementation teams, so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and user needs and constraints.
- Ensures that a maximally robust design is developed.
- Collaborates on a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the project teams, and the user, which determine that all of the high level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface.
- Generates products such as sketches, models, an early user guide, and prototypes to keep the user and the project team constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving.
- Ensures that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Refer to the State contracts for IT Professional Services Agreement (12PSX0251) for experience and skill requirements for the job classification Solution Architect to fill the role. In addition, the agency requires:
For this position, the candidate shares experience and judgment with team to plan and accomplish goals, mentors less experienced staff, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. In addition, the agency requires:
An experience professional with demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- 10+ years Experience with Microsoft Dynamics
- 10+ years Experience Microsoft SharePoint
- 10+ years Experience with .Net Framework
- 10+ years Experience with C# Development
- 10+ years Experience with ASP.NET Web Development
- 10+ years Experience with Software Development
- 5+ years Experience with TDD/BDD
- 5+ years Experience with Agile Methodologies
- 5+ years Experience with Software Testing Methodologies
- Knowledge of Form Digitization and Capture
- Knowledge of End User Portals
- Knowledge of Mobile Application Deployment
- Knowledge of Virtualized Hosting Environments
- Knowledge of .Net, SharePoint, Dynamics Web Application Hosting Environment
- Knowledge of .Net, SharePoint, Dynamics Web Application Performance
- Knowledge of .Net, SharePoint, Dynamics Web Application Security
- Knowledge of Data Modeling and Database Design
- Knowledge of Application Modeling and Design
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience implementing enterprise system integration projects and initiatives; understanding of and experience implementing enterprise integration patterns.
- Good understanding of SOA.
- Good understanding of DevOps and Continuous Integration.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and testing tools and techniques.
- Object-Oriented design principles and design patterns
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- UML modelling
- BPMN modelling
- Proficient in database development using SQL Server; particularly the creation of database objects including tables, views, stored procedures and functions.
- Experience with Workflow Engines and Forms
- Experience with .Net Development, OO and SOLID principles and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of BizTalk Integration and Messaging
- Experience with code control/version/build Team Foundation.
- Integration experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, WCF)
For more information please contact Janice DiCicco at 860-979-0912.
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.